Valentine’s day is around the corner. It is time to celebrate romance. Have you planned anything yet? Well, if you want to go beyond the routine dinner dates and movie nights, then do try this Red Velvet Macarons Recipe.
After all, baking and eating together is just another level of romance, right? 😉
Red Velvet Macarons Recipe
For The Shells:
- 70 grams Egg white
- 80 grams of Almond powder
- 80 grams of Icing sugar
- 6 grams of Cocoa powder
- 61 grams Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Red gel food colour
- 100 grams of butter
- 1C icing sugar
- 6tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2tsp vanilla essence
Method (Red Velvet Macarons Recipe)
To make shells
- Double boil the egg whites(room temperature) along with the granulated sugar until the sugar dissolves. Beat this till almost stiff peaks appear.
- Now add the gel colour and beat till very stiff peaks.
- Grind almond powder, cocoa powder and icing sugar together and sieve it. Add this fine powder mixture to the whipped egg white. Fold in the powder mixture slowly to the egg white mixture with a spatula.
- Fold in till you get a thick, shiny batter. When the spatula is lifted with the batter thick ribbon-like falls. This batter is called macronage. Line up the baking trays with baking paper.
- To get the perfect shape, you can place the template as well. Once the shells are piped, take out the template. Now empty the macronage to a piping bag fitted with a round tip nozzle.
- Pipe round shapes on the baking paper. Tap the baking tray to knock out the bubbles from the batter. You can prick rest of the bubbles with a toothpick.
- Now it is the resting time for the macs. Keep the shells to dry for 15 to 30 mins. Make sure it is not sticky when touched, and that is the right form.
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees celsius for 10-15 mins. Once the shells are dried, bake it at 150-degree Celcius for 15-18 minutes or until done. After baking, allow it to sit on the tray for 10 minutes for cooling.
- Peel the shells from the baking paper once it is cooled and pair it with the same shells for further process.
For the filling
- To prepare the fillings, beat all the ingredients until it is creamy. Empty the filling on the piping bag and pipe it out on one shell and then place the other shell on the top.
- Refrigerate it for a few hours. Enjoy the macarons…
- You can freeze the shell and use it later
- You can keep it in the freezer for more than three months.
- Bring the macarons to the room temperature before eating.
Check out more recipes on my blog.
Pin Red Velvet Macarons Recipe