Not a skin expert, but this product has been my constant since the early teenage days. When years passed, many products took over the skincare cabinet on my wardrobe, but the Lacto calamine stayed there forever holding a tiny corner of the same. If I recall, Lacto calamine was a significant presence at my home during the childhood days mainly used for itches, burns etc. But its usage intensified when the chickenpox wave hit my family. 4 out of 5 members in our family were infected by chickenpox with severe rashes all over the body. We were so worried about all these rashes, but the doctor prescribed us to use the calamine lotion and voila it was all gone within a few days. If Lacto Calamine Lotion can cure these stubborn rashes caused by chickenpox, then it can do anything!
I have used Lacto calamine lotion for pretty much everything related to the skin. A typical household should have a bottle of Lacto calamine lotion as an emergency skin regime. I have used this lotion for a variety of purposes, and it did wonders on my skin. And they are-
- Used for chickenpox rashes and 99% of them vanished.
- Used with my acne rashes
- Reduced scars and blemishes to an extent
- Calmed my allergic skin reactions
- Used as a moisturiser
- Used as a makeup base as it did control my oily skin after putting foundation and kept my makeup intact.
- As night pack because morning my skin looked fresh and supple. (apply a thick layer and do not lather).
- After waxing to soothe my skin from itching (my skin is very sensitive).
USE OF CALAMINE LOTION
- Skin blemishes
- Whitehead growth
- Blackhead growth
- Pimples and acne
- Absorption of excessive oil
- Eliminating acne marks
- Helps in hydrating and refreshing the skin
- Retains the necessary oil
- Provides oil control for up to 8 hours of use
- Gives hydration effect to normal to dry skin types
- Unclogs the skin pores and make the skin germ free
- Seborrhoea dermatitis
- Dermatological problems
How to use calamine lotion?
- Clean the affected area
- Shake the bottle
- Use sterile cotton to apply it on the face
- Gently apply the lotion on the affected areas
- Allow it to dry on the skin, creating a thin film.
No side effects have been recorded so far. If in case you experience any irritation seek medical advice.
Read the benefits of Chia seed on my blog.
Leave a Comment