I have been following and admiring videos of the Chinese Youtuber Liziqi lately. The admiration part comes with slight jealousy since she has a dreamy life. Ok wait, Liziqi does not have Lamborghini, Sephora cosmetics and Gucci bags; she is actually a mountain girl living in a tranquil countryside who is leading a back to basics lifestyle. I always gape how stress-free her life is? But we are not Liziqis. Our daily lifestyle is all about facing a lot of challenges, such as finance, family, career, relationships, etc. This fast-moving hectic pace of the world will literally make us mentally sick with anxiety and depression. And there comes the importance of Chakra meditation as a lifestyle.
“We brush our teeth every day; we bath daily. But why do we fail to clean our mind every day?”, asked Madeeha Afridi, counseling psychologist of lighthouse Arabia.
This question is literally thought-provoking and absolutely right. We never purify our mind. In fact, we tend to suppress our feeling, which gets accumulated on the subconscious mind. Our subconscious mind is the powerhouse of the energy- it absorbs everything around and reflects according to your belief. If your thoughts are negative, you are out of the game, darling!!
Our current lifestyle with stress and anxiety can crush our subconscious mind and block this chakra. Hypothetically, chakras are actual energy centers of the human body. It is located in the spine, which acts as the passage for the cosmic energy. However, a blocked chakra in our body can cause physical as well as mental disruptions. What can we possibly do to restore balance and have inner peace?
Chakra meditation is not a newbie. It dates back its origin in 1500 and 500 BC in India. Oh, I am so proud of my ancestors.
Last week I was invited to attend a healing meditation session at lighthouse Arabia as a part of Tish Tash events. Lighthouse Arabia is a community mental health and wellness clinic that provides spiritual care to adults and children. I was trained to do chakra meditation for half an hour under the healing expert, Madeeha Afridi. The session really did wonders to me. I was feeling reinvigorated, and it stayed for a couple of days.
How to do Chakra Meditation? (Meditation As A Lifestyle)
- Find a peaceful place where you won’t be disturbed for at least a half-hour.
- Sit comfortably on the floor with legs folded or straight
- Hold your spine erect but not stressed
- Let your hands be open and be on your legs
- Put a deep healing meditation music on your laptop or mobile
- Breathe deeply and evenly
- Try to visualize each chakra in turn, from the root to the crown
- Focus on your chakra until you see energy passing through it.
- If you are losing concentration on chakra, breathe again.
Benefits of Chakra Meditation
- Zero anger and depression
- Increases focus, memory, and concentration.
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Improves self-awareness level.
- Bringing an overall positive change.
- Better sleep and relaxed state of mind.
- Enhances creativity and productivity level.
- Develop energetics.
- Develops overall well-being
Make chakra healing a daily routine in your life, and you will see how it changes you as a person- Madeeha Afridi
PIN IT TO READ LATER
Leave a Comment