The younger version of me would never believe that I wrote a blog for skin care. Yes, I was that careless when it came to the skin, and voila, I am suffering now. You can’t stop the ageing process, but you can control it to a limit. The good news is you can give a boost to your skin if you are eating healthy. And this blog will detail the best food for the skin that can actually provide a nutritional boost.
Skincare is one thing that I started focusing more on with age, doesn’t mean that I spent a huge sum of money on the drug and cosmetics stores to get all those serums and stuff. With little lifestyle changes and good food, we can actually get young and supple-looking skin.
Lifestyle factors like stress, highly processed diet, alcohol, sun exposure and body inflammation can cause skin ageing. Dry weather and certain soaps will also cause dry skin, which will, in turn, boosts ageing.
If you are looking for Best Food For Skin, then here it is-
1. Food with omega-3 fatty acid
Fish is a huge source of omega-3 fatty acids, and here are some of the fishes that are good for the skin
- Tuna (bluefin and albacore)
However, if you are looking for a plant-based option, you can include the items below in your diet.
- Chia seed
- Canola and soya bean oil.
2. Tomato- Best Food For Skin
Tomato is good for the skin even if you put on your face or eat it raw or cooked.
3. Food rich in Vitamin C
Vitamin C can fight wrinkles and keep your skin looking healthy. Here are some of the Vitamin C-rich food.
- Citrus fruit — Oranges, grapefruit, lemons and limes.
- Bell peppers
4. Food rich in Vitamin E
Vitamin E helps to prevent cell damage, and here are some of the Vitamin E-rich food.
- Sunflower seed
5. Antioxidant-rich Food- Best Food For Skin
Food rich in antioxidants will protect the body’s tissues against oxidative stress, which is good for the skin. Here are some of the polyphenol-rich food that is good for the skin.
- Tea and coffee- Be careful with the caffeine intake.
- Dark chocolate with 60% to 70% cocoa.
Lifestyle changes that will help you get good skin and, moreover, good health
- Make sure your diet is filled with plant-based food.
- Avoid processed food
- Wear sunscreen always- 2 to 3 times a day
- Reduce alcohol
- Quit smoking
- Drink eight glasses of water a day
- Avoid fried foods, fast foods and sugar
- Avoid dairy, carbohydrates, and unhealthy fats
- Eat more fruit, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, fatty fish and legumes.
You can check out unhealthiest food in the world on my blog.
Have happy and glowing skin, everybody!