Before going into the Benefits Of Chia Seeds, what actually is this thing?
Chia is a tiny black seed from the plant Salvia hispanica. It might look like an ordinary seed, but don’t let the appearances deceive you. Packed with high nutrients, this seed has been used since the Aztecs and Mayan period, where they eat the seed as a part of battle preparations. Oh well, I got you hooked there! Battle preparation is a big deal right, so read below the amazing specialties of this super wondrous seed.
- Chia is one of the very few plants that are a source of complete protein because of the presence of essential amino acids.
- Just two tablespoons of chia, you are done with the 100% of your daily omega-3 requirement.
- With more antioxidants than blueberries, it has essential minerals like iron and calcium.
- Because of the presence of high fiber, it is perfect for your digestive system.
- Chia expands and hence make you feel full for longer curbing your cravings.
- Chia seed is energy boosters, which helps to sustain a good energy level that gets you through the day.
- Another amazing Benefits Of Chia Seeds are, they helps to lose weight. That is pretty cool!
- The calcium in the seed will help to improve your bone strength.
- The protein helps in muscle building.
- Omega 3 has long been touted as natural “brain food.” So, this helps in improved mental health and brain functions.
Healthy Real Life Applications Of Chia Seed (Benefits Of Chia Seeds)
- Chia Pudding– Soak the chia seed in water/ milk overnight, you will get a dish that is like a pudding in texture. Adding some sweetener, nuts, and fruits make it a perfect healthy dessert for your breakfast.
- Topping– You can use it as a topping on your oatmeal or yogurt for some extra nutrition.
- Muffins– You can use chia seed in pancakes, waffles, muffins, or homemade granola as it has a neutral taste, and it blends with anything and everything.
- Egg substitute– Mix the Chia seed in water to get a thick gel so that you can use it as an egg substitute.
- Kids Snack– For those adamant kids who hate to take healthy food, sneak into their food bowl, and add some seeds for high performance.
- Jams– You can use chia to thicken the sauce, salad dressing, and stews.
- For drinks– Use chia on your favorite lemonade, smoothie, iced tea, and call it an energy drink.
- For beauty- Chia seed is an excellent exfoliant and buffing agent that gives you smooth and glowing skin.
I can’t contain my excitement about the fact that India’s largest selling rice brand India Gate Basmati Rice, has started supplying the high quality and nutrient-rich chia seed in UAE from last year. Not only chia seed, but they also supply, Flax seeds, Sprouted Brown Rice, and Quinoa. Make sure you use India Gate Chia seed to get the best results for the above healthy applications.
You can read the amazing benefits of another super food, Acai here.
Like it? Pin it!