Christmas is around the corner, and you might be googling some easy cake recipes. Voila, you landed on the right page as you are going to learn how to make easy red velvet cake. Check out the easy Red Velvet Cake Recipe Homemade.
- 2 1/2c all-purpose flour
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 c Granulated sugar
- 1/2 c Butter room temp or Oil
- 2 Large Eggs room temp
- 1tsp Vanilla essence
- 3tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1c Butter Milk(I used yoghurt)
- 2tbsp Red liquid food colour or gel colour
- 1tsp Baking soda
- 1tsp vinegar
- 4 Sachets Dream whip powder
- 1 c Cream cheese
- 1/2 c Powdered sugar
- 1/2 c Cold milk
- 1tsp vanilla essence
METHOD OF RED VELVET CAKE RECIPE HOMEMADE
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and keep aside.
- Mix the red colour to the buttermilk and keep aside.
- Now in a bowl put butter and just beat for some seconds.
- Now add the sugar and beat till sugar is dissolved.
- Now add egg one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Now add the flour and buttermilk mixture alternatively and mix well.
- Now in a small bowl take vinegar and put the baking soda to the vinegar.
- When its bubbling pours this to the batter and mix well.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C for 15 mins.
- Grease 2 baking pans and line with wax paper.
- Pour the prepared batter to the tins.
- Bake at 175 degrees C for 30 to 35 mins or till the tester comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool at room temp and then keep in the fridge for 1 hr.
- For frosting, in a bowl, put the dream whip powder and pour cold milk and beat well till fluffy and peaks appear.
- Add vanilla essence, cream cheese, powdered sugar Mix well.
- Now for assembling the cake- cut both the cake horizontally into two pieces.
- Keep a layer of cake spread the frosting on this layer. Then keep the other piece on top of the frosting. Then again spread the frosting like this finish up the layers.
- Now spread the frosting on top and sides of the cake and smooth out nicely.
- Refrigerate the cake for a couple of hours before serving.
Check out more recipes on my blog.
LIKE IT? PIN IT!