What plans for Christmas? Just because your Instagram feed is bombarded with the new cake recipes every day, you should not give up on the traditions. After all, these holidays are meant to be honouring and remembering the traditions, right? So here I am going to show you the Chocolate Crinkle Cookies Recipe.
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 C Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 C All-purpose
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Icing sugar (for coating)
Method Of Chocolate Crinkle Cookies Recipe
- In a bowl, mix the cocoa powder, white sugar and vegetable oil.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Mix in the vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture just until a dough forms (do not overbeat).
- Cover bowl with wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 175°C—line baking trays with parchment paper.
- Roll 1 tablespoonful of dough into balls for smaller cookies, or 2 tablespoonfuls for larger cookies.
- Add the icing sugar to a smaller bowl. Generously and evenly coat each ball of dough in confectioners’ sugar and place onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes (for small cookies) or 12 minutes (for larger cookies).
- The cookies will come out soft from the oven but will harden up as they cool.
- Allow to cool on the baking trays for 5 minutes. Once cooled store in airtight containers.
That is it! I am sure these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies Recipe will be a huge hit on this holiday season. So do try this recipe and make your guests say “this is the best crinkle cookie I had in my life.” Happy Christmas everybody!